Final version of conference program published!
Preliminary conference program published on website!
List of accepted applications announced!
Submission of paper/panel proposals for @OLLO_2017 is now closed!
Application deadline extended to 10th November, 2016 !
4th International Conference on
Oriental Literatures and Orient
in Literary Texts
Orient in Literature – Literature of the Orient
23-24 March 2017
The conference is the 4th edition of the annual meeting of academics who are interested in problems of perception, interpretation or translation of the Oriental literatures. The 1st edition of the conference took place in March 2014. We look forward to all specialists of literary and culture studies, philologists, and other experts on Asian and African literary heritage as well as those, whose research topics relate to reception of the Oriental subjects and motifs in Western literary texts.
During the conference diverse problems and topics ranging from theoretical issues in the field of literature and translation studies, through the results of various types of research and literary analysis, together with their implications for the perception of Oriental works in Europe and in the world, are discussed. It enables all participants to present not only the current view of the issues that have been known and discussed for a long time, but also to present innovative concepts representing the latest literary trends.
The key-words of the 4th edition of the conference are borders & borderlands that imply numerous perspectives in research on literary texts:
- representations of border(s)/borderland(s) in Oriental texts
- creation of borders/frontiers/borderland in literature of the Orient
- crossing of border(s) / transgression
- searching for border(s)/borderland(s)/limitation(s) in Oriental literature and Western works inspired by Orient
- intertextuality and boundaries of literary genres
- limitations/boundaries as a source of literary topoi in Oriental literature
- natural and settled borders/boundaries in Oriental literature
- adaptations and evocations of Orient in Western literature and borders/borderlands/boundaries
- … and many other topics related to the key-words of this year’s conference.
We hope our conference will be a good occasion to discover some of these perspectives, to show new trends and subjects present in discourse on Oriental literary works and Oriental topics in Polish, European and world literature.
Conference languages: English & Polish